Last fall I took the plunge and decided to convert the 1997 BMW 328is to a full blooded, cage infused race car. I know, I know, it’s folly you say. Everyone knows it’s cheaper to buy someone else’s built race car than to build your own. However a couple of things dictated that I must do this.
- I had the car just sitting there
- racing Arek’s E36 showed me how much fun that chassis is to throw around a track
- taking the car apart and putting it back together again will be very therapeutic
- I can spread the cost of the build over several years
- some good friends are willing to help out
So over the next few weeks I will document everything that has happened since November to bring us all up to date.